Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Earl Grey with Keanu

I had the most beautiful dream, it is the nicest dream I have had since I saw Morrissey in a cafe and he was drinking coffee- and he turned and asked 'See anything you're interested in?'(he had the most immaculate hands, spread out on his cup and a wry smile as he turned to me.) The Morrissey dream I understand, it is inevitable I will dream of him, and disappointing I won't more often.

But this dream was about Keanu Reeves. What you should know about my relationship with Keanu is that I don't have one. I don't think about him, I don't have an opinion on him really, I don't know much about him. I've seen The Matrix, and a couple of his films years ago, but he has never been on a poster on my wall. In the dream there was bad weather and I was walking on a beach, I got lost abit, and bumped into him and he was just there, asking me to hide out from the rain. His house was on the beach, wooden and white, inside was clean, minimal, no frills, no fuss, but right. I sat in his house and Keanu boiled the kettle, and came back from the kitchen with a cup of tea and a plate of toast for me, handed them over, and said nothing as he watched me eat. This was the best toast I've never had in my life, thick cut, the right amount of butter, plain and nice. I ate the toast. Me and Keanu sat there sipping our tea. There was a vibe, things kept happening small things, eye contact, an eyebrow moving, a hand brushing by my arm- but that was it. I finally turned to him and said, 'so am i going to sleep with you or what?' Keanu smiled, walked away. He said,' There's plenty of time'.

keanu Reeves Galerie photo

So I woke up, having not slept in my dream with Keanu Reeves, and not understanding why he was in my dream. He withheld what I'd wanted, but it wasn't impossible, was going to happen, but not now. He'd fed me toast, and this made me happy. (It's easier to not have sex when there's been toast.)

So now I wonder what Keanu means, since he isn't a man I think of really. In my dream he knew when to be quiet., and that was nice.He'd given me the best toast I never had. The next day I wondered if this had something to do with writing and life, something in me saying I will get there in the end. I didn't know, I got up and made a full English (incase I was literally starving to death.) I boiled the kettle again and again, stared into the cup to see my face, and drank tea until it was coming out of my ears.

6 comments:

Gill said...

What is it about the dream version of Keanu that you would like to have in yourself??

angela said...

that's a good question- perhaps his calmness, patience, self certainty and quiet confidence. he was guru like, in a sexy sort of way.

Gill said...

Well, it sounds like they are parts of yourself that you are acknowleding and accepting in your unconscious mind but are maybe not quite ready to totally accept just yet, hence the end bit.

angela said...

You are very wise! I think you might be onto something there, recently a friend said maybe i was afraid of success (because it would be a new thing for me, and meqan re-writing who i think i am.) The confidence thing sort of goes with that and keanu (and the sexy element of him sort of makes sense, since i am experimenting with dressing like a girl- and am finding it alarming to be faced with femininity- though it's an interesting experiment, and definetely makes me feel different.)

I've not tried nightie wearing yet though ;)

Gill said...

I am very fortunate in that I have Ruth Snowden (journal of a wise woman) as my friend and she wrote a dream interpretation book, so we have been able to discuss our dreams for years. I have written my dreams down for the last 15 years and they are an amazing source of imagery and self knowledge.

Dressing as girlie made me feel like I was in drag- for years! That is part of where my fascination for men in frocks comes from I think and strangely when I met a man who dressed as a girl it made ME want to look more feminine too.

As for fear of success- when my agent told me he might be able to sell my Faery book I started to panic!!

poets eh! what are we like!!

Unknown said...

My God! I would kill for such a dream!

About Me

Poetry is like having an imaginary friend, who still forgets your birthday.